I’m Sarah and I have been making Irish pottery and homewares in my studios, a 250-year-old stone grain store in Dundalk, Co Louth since 1999.
My pottery & homewares have layers of messages created using patterns and text which subtly say little things people want to tell each other without having to say it out loud!
Everyone wants to give a gift which makes people happy, little reminders of joy once known. So I impress text into the clay pieces – inspiring quotes, poetry and sentimental lyrics to tug at the heartstrings and make people smile.
The patterns and text link memories and sentiment to modern functional forms. All this nostalgia transforms an everyday object into a special gift which will be cherished now and as an heirloom in the future.
As modern shoppers provenance of the objects in our homes and combating wastefulness is at the heart of our decisions, I produce durable, ethical and meaningful alternatives to trendy mass-produced gifts.
If this sounds like what your customers want, I would love to do business with you!
“Our customers love the colour and design, they often see the subtle colours and simple design at first glance but are then blown away by the detail when looking up close. The clever use of words seems to really resonate with everyone.”
Garrett & Sarah, Carlingford Design House
“Our customers were excited by the individuality and personal elements. They are delighted to hear that all of your pieces are handmade.”
Claire, Meadows & Byrne, Ireland
3 Simple Ways To Order
- Complete the Online Order Form
- Download the price list/order form, complete and pop it in the post to Sarah McKenna, Bridge Street Studios, Dundalk, Co Louth, Ireland.
- Pick up the phone and call me on +353 42 9351712 or +353 86 3499195
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum order €250, carriage paid for orders over €500 in Ireland.
- Or £200 minimum order, carriage paid for orders over £400 in the United Kingdom.
- Payment—First orders: pro forma payment. Subsequent orders: 30 days net on application.
- If any goods arrive in a damaged /defective condition or you feel your order is incorrect in any way you must notify us within 7 days by email, telephone or post.
- Orders can take from 3 to 6 weeks to deliver due to the processes involved in producing ceramics. If you need your order by a certain date, please do get in touch with me to discuss timescales as I am always happy to work to your deadlines if they are achievable.